The Biological Engineering Department here at Utah State University is ABET accredited until the year 2020.
Why Accreditation Matters to Students
Earning an engineering degree is a significant achievement and an important investment in your future. Since so much of your future success depends on your educational foundation, the quality of the education you receive makes a big difference. The Biological Engineering Program at Utah State University is an ABET-accredited engineering program.
ABET is the recognized accreditor for college and university engineering programs in the United States. Every program that ABET accredits - more than 3,100 programs at over 670 institutions in 24 countries - can be found in the ABET Accredited Program Search.
Earning an engineering degree from an ABET-accredited program:
- Verifies that the quality of the educational experience you’ve received meets the standards of the profession.
- Increases and enhances employment opportunities.
- Increases acceptance into advanced degree programs.
- Permits and eases entry to a technical profession through licensure, registration, and certification.
- Establishes eligibility for many federal student loans, grants, and/or scholarships.
More than 2,000 professionals from academe, industry, and government carry out every aspect of ABET accreditation. Because they know their profession's dynamic and emerging workforce needs, they review academic programs to ensure these programs provide students with the technical and professional skills they need to succeed.
- An ABET-accredited program assures prospective students that:
- the institution is committed to improving their educational experience
- the program is committed to using best practices and innovation in education
- the program is guided by its constituents – faculty, students, industry - through formal feedback
- the program considers the students' perspective as part of its continuous quality improvement process
ABET itself is accredited by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). ABET has been recognized by CHEA as an accrediting organization since 1997. Information about ABET can be found at www.abet.org